My sister left for a mini vacation this afternoon, so I thought a freshly baked snack would be a nice for her long train ride. These cookies are super easy to prep, once the lemon zest is ready, and so tasty. Don’t cook them too long because they will be hard and not taste as good. I would double the batch because this recipe only makes about 15 cookies and they go way too fast!!!
Total Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 9-11 minutes
1/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1/4 cup soy milk
1 1/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
(1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
(2) Stir together the oil & sugar. Add lemon zest and soy milk, beat until smooth.
(3) Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Add the milk mix. The dough should not be too stiff.
(4) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place cookies 2 inches apart. Bake from 9-11 minutes (my oven usually takes 11 minutes), until the edges are slightly brown.
(5) Leave cookies on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Recipe from The Vegan Cookie Connoissuer (Ah-mazing cookie recipes!!!)